Kindly access the links below to view/download the registration and participation form for C4 Event.
- Registration and participation form – http://goo.gl/bZn43
- Invitation letter to the school principal – http://goo.gl/gvUuf
Thank you in advance for your participation. We are looking forward to meet you at the event.
The Centre for Environment Education (CEE) in partnership with the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) is organizing the “Chennai Coastal Carnival for Children” – visualized as a festival to:
• Spread awareness about the coasts amongst children
• To involve children in fun filled festivities in order to appreciate coastal conservation
• To participate in meeting challenges related to coastal development
• To create mass awareness through children
DATES & VENUE
A three day event conducted between August 4 and 6th, 2011. Bharath Scout and Guide campus, Wenlock Park (opposite Triplicane Railway Station, Marina Beach, Chennai)
Tamil and English
DAY 1: RALLY 4th August, 2011
This day will focus on creating mass awareness on coastal conservation and encourage the participation in the coastal fair, to be held on the subsequent days at the Marina Beach.
During this day:
• Children will participate in a rally for the cause of coastal conservation
• Learn about scouting
• Interact with Scouts and Guides
• Street plays along several major locations in the city
• Cyclothon – a cycle rally to promote coastal
• Educational games
• Scouts demonstration on disaster
• preparedness, life saving skills, rescue, first aid
DAY 2: COASTAL FAIR 5th, 6th August, 2011
This two-day carnival will highlight the ecological, economical and socio-cultural significance of the coast by creating fun filled learning spaces so that children will experience a joy of learning. Various sessions including – interactive discussions, debates, exhibits, films, presentations , demonstrations, hands on activities , game s , competitions, simulation, individual and group exercises, beach walk, cultural exchange, etc., would be held.
• Children interact with experts on various coastal issues
• Children working groups to brainstorm on ideas, projects
• Children presentation, speech
• Children parliament, media corner
• Children participate in various competitions like quiz, drawing, model making, treasure hunt etc.
• Exciting games on the beach
• Earn prizes and certificates